Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dilemma

I've been thinking about this for the longest time.

As many (or all) of you know, I'm already at my wit's end of dealing with my shitty boss who blatantly disrespects anybody he comes into contact with and has a complete disregard to other people's feelings.  I'm not gonna go into detail on how he treats us.  It's really THAT bad.  To the point that nobody ever smiles anymore.  Everytime he comes in, everybody just stops talking AND breathing.

I've been weighing my options for a good while now.  Should I keep sending out my resume and look for another job or go back to school and start a new career?  I want to look for another job but I've been sending out my resume for over a year now and nobody has responded.  Nobody.  It's just so damn hard to get a new job nowadays.  I've always wanted to go back to school but it's hard when you have a toddler who's still dependent on you.  I could try night school but my husband works nights many times and they have no definite schedule so it's gonna be really hard for us.  Plus, if I apply for government assistance, I can't really work fulltime because I "should" be in school-that's what they told many of my friends who applied for it.  And if I don't work, we're gonna be living on one income until I graduate and get a fulltime job from my new career.  I just can't impose that on my husband.  I mean we can still live on one income but I'm gonna be guilty doing that to him.  I've talked this over with him and he's very supportive of me going to school.  We could hold off on a lot of things until I'm done. 

I just want to live this hellhole.  I'm not happy working here anymore because of the stress and it's taking a toll on my well-being.  I can't stay because it's unhealthy.  And not worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should do it. I wouldn't worry about imposing on your husband--for one thing, he's supportive, and for another, you're a team. Your well being has a direct impact on him, too. Life's too short to be that level of unhappy. Good luck to you, and I sincerely hope you go for it!

    ReplyDelete